50 Self Care Ideas from Successful Women
With so many self care ideas out there, it can be tough to find out which one works best for you! After so many failed attempts at self care, I went on the search to find out what the best self care ideas are and who was practicing them successfully.
Have you ever noticed that some women just seem to have everything together? Work, family, but most of all, herself? It’s easy to get wrapped up in comparing and feeling down about what’s on your plate.
With everything on your to-do list, self care can seem like some type of far away dream. Although it’s easy to put off, self care is definitely not something that should be put off until whenever.
(I know you’ve heard this 100 times before, but I’ll volunteer be the 101st time.)
Taking care of your mind, body, and spirit should be one of your top priorities. Most of the time though? That care gets kicked off to tomorrow, and then the next day, and then what day? Self-who?
If you’re brand new to self care, I want you to start off on the right foot. Check out How to Start a Self Care Routine which is an easy to implement guide to getting your self care routine down to what matters the most: taking care of yourself in the best way possible.
With time being at the forefront of the many reasons why people find it hard to practice self care, I rounded up 50 self care ideas from successful women who legit seem to do it all.
We’re talking entrepreneurs, corner-office gals, stay at home moms, creative hobbyists, you name them, I found them! Each of these 50 self care ideas are schedule-friendly (score!) so finding one that works best for you will be a piece of cake.
Most of these self care ideas make their rounds in a lot of the girl bosses’s routines, so I’m excited to share these with you and I know you’ll find one that really calls out to you!
50 Self Care Ideas
1. Reading something fulfilling
2. Going for a short walk each day
3. Sight-seeing in a nice part of town
4. Going to the movies
5. Adventuring in the downtown part of a city
6. Rest, rest, rest
7. Using a diffuser and essential oils
8. Order in lunch
9. Relax at a coffee or tea shop
10. 20 stretches throughout the day
11. Celebrate small victories and accomplishments
12. Delving into creative hobbies
13. Making a list of what you love about yourself
14. Stepping out of their normal routine
15. Creating a vision board for your personal goals
16. Spending time with family & friends
17. Exploring through meditation
18. Tidy up around your most frequented areas in your house
19. Take 5 deep breaths in between a tough decision and an equally tough answer
20. Simple meals through out the day to take the stress off of grocery shopping
21. Going out of your way to be kind to others
22. Strike up a small conversation with others while out and about
23. Protect your schedule and schedule life-distractions
24. Ditch the idea of “should” and what you “should” do
25. Start (or fix!) your morning routine into something that works for you
CURIOUS ABOUT MORE POSTS LIKE THIS?
There’s a lot more posts like this over at the Self Care hub! There’s plenty of articles to help you find real life solutions with results that are tailored to your lifestyle.
26. Make a playlist of your favorite feel good music
27. Unfollow or mute toxic people on your social media page
28. A regular yoga routine
29. Going to bed early
30. Unplug for one hour a day
31. Dressing up for a regular day
32. Going to your local art museum for the day
33. Accompany others while going on errands and daily tasks
34. Spending time with and surrounding yourself with people who are enthusiastic and positive
35. Writing a hand-written letter to a friend or family member
36. Going through old journals and emails from other’s
37. Organize your closet and donating old clothes
38. Volunteering at a community fundraiser
39. Take a day trip with a friend you haven’t seen in a while
40. Spend some undivided time with your family outside
41. Learn a word in a new language each day
42. Rethink your calendar and planner set up to a more functioning way
43. Regular reflexology
44. Relax with a Netflix binge on a new show
45. Help your friends or family with a difficult task they’ve undertaken
46. 20 minutes of quiet each and every day
47. Watch the sunrise or sunset from outside
48. Take a drive out into a more rural area close by
49. Listen to a positive-living podcast
50. Tell yourself something nice about you in the mirror
The Secret of Sticking to a Self Care Routine
Self care is all about you. No if’s, and’s, or but’s, it’s all about you and what works for you. In the list above, you do not have to follow all of them to be successful.
You can pick one, own it, and feel 100x’s better than before you started.
When you’re adding new self care ideas to your routine, ask yourself the most important question of: “how will this make me feel better?” Allow yourself to answer this honestly when you’re adding something to your routine.
If you add in something that you’re only lukewarm to, that feeling of overwhelm that you’re already feeling with feel 10x’s worse than before you started.
When your goal is to stick to a self care routine, look for self care ideas that fit your personality, lifestyle, and schedule. Some ideas take a lot of time and effort, which may not be the best for you right now. And that’s okay!
Self care doesn’t have to be a full day detox, it can be sitting by yourself in silence for 10 minutes. Listen to what your body and mind are leading you too. Sometimes the day’s self care could be going to bed an hour early because you’re tired.
Scheduling and planning are great and help a lot of successful people stick to their goals. But what you don’t need in your self care routine is rigidity and “rule-abidding.” Think of self care as the antidote for the things in your life that are like that.
Self Care Toolkit & Resources
If you haven’t had a chance, don’t forget to pick up your Self Care Toolkit!
Learn how to effectively create a self care routine that’s personalized to you & your lifestyle. These self care tips cover the biggest obstacles when it comes to implementing your self care, from schedules to brainstorms.
Within these inclusive worksheets, planners, & guides, you’ll learn how to build your self worth and take better care of yourself each and every day!
Get ready to transform your well-being & up-level your self care routine!
Grab your complimentary self care toolkit that is going to help you to create a self care routine that’s nurturing, consistent, &, most of all, personalized to your needs!
In the form below, enter in your name and email and your Self Care Toolkit will start downloading!
KNOW SOMEONE WHO COULD USE THIS ARTICLE?
Everyone needs some help sometimes, so if you know someone who can benefit from this share it and send it to them!